SOME PROJECTS/PROGAMMES EXECUTED IN THE PAST
- In 2000, INTERCEP in conjunction with National Orientation Agency Plateau State organized a workshop on the theme: Plateau State, Keeping the peace for a united Nigeria
- In 2001, INTERCEP in conjunction with CEPID, CBD-NGO FORUM and FOMWAN organized a Training Workshop on Conflict Management in Plateau State. The project was sponsored by OTI/USAID
- In 2003, INTERCEP organized a Workshop for students in 10 secondary schools, Teachers and the PTA on the topic” POPURARISING THE CHARTER ON THE RIGHTS AND WELFARE OF THE AFRICAN CHILD”
- INTERCEP has also organized a feed the street children program in conjunction with Central Church of Christ Jos sponsored by Dr. Donald Farris through Steve Worley
- Between 2004 & 2005, INTERCEP in collaboration with YARAC & CEI did a DFID project: Grant No 77 on Community Mobilization for Transparency and Accountability on Revenue Generation in Plateau, Nasarawa and Kogi States. The project was coordinated by YARAC
- On the 28th of April 2005, INTERCEP organized a Workshop on the Topic: Unboundling the Core concepts of Restorative Justice
- INTERCEP participated in the draft Bill for ‘’All Stakeholder Participation in Budget process’’ which has been presented to the Kogi, Nasarawa and Plateau State House of Assemblies for passage into Law in order to involve all stakeholders participation in the making and implementation of the State’s annual budgets.
- INTERCEP participated in the drafting of a Bill for the ‘’Establishment of a Bureau for Conflict Transformation, Peace Building and Reconciliation on the Plateau State’’
- In 2006, INTERCEP in conjunction with Global Exchange Volunteers [British Council sponsored] organized series of activities with secondary schools in Jos on leadership skills and Human Rights Education
- POVERTY REDUCTION [on going]; Poverty is not an abstract concept or macro economic notion; it hunts and dehumanizes. The fight against poverty can only make sense if it is translated into ACTIONS. Consequently INTERCEP has established a micro-credit scheme for the economically active poor at the base of the pyramid.
- INTERCEP has a child development fund [CDF] on going
The fund is used for the following purposes:-
i] Award of scholarships to indigent children.
ii] Assistance in the settlement of hospital bills, purchase of drugs and feeding of orphaned and vulnerable children [OVC]
iii] Advocacy for Child Rights and education
iv] Provision of pro-bono Legal services for the protection of women and children against all forms of discrimination, abuses, oppression and marginalization.
- In 2007, INTERCEP monitored the State House ; the Gubernatorial; National and Presidential elections having been trained by IFES and National Human Rights Commission and the Nigerian Bar Association
- In February and October 2007, INTERCEP among other NGOs received Grants as a Sub-sub Recipient of Global Fund Round 5 Nigeria on TB from INTER-GENDER to carry out Social Mobilization activities in two Local Government Areas in Kano State on HIV/TB with the objective of reducing its spread. So far INTERCEP carried out the program in Wudil and Gwarzo Local Government Areas in Kano State. In October 2007, the same program was carried out in Riyom and Jos North in Plateau State and in January 2008 the program was carried out in Tarmua and Busari local government Areas of Yobe State
- In July and September 2008, INTERCEP worked in Yerro, Ibi and Jos South LGA on Community Mobilization against HIV/TB
- In January 2009, INTERCEP worked in four Local Government Areas of Osun State on TB/HIV with support from INTER-GENDER
- In 2009, INTERCEP received grants as a sub-sub Recipient of World Bank from Plateau State Aids Control Agency (PLACA) on HIV Counseling and Testing for 3 (three) communities in Riyom, Barkin Ladi and Jos North LGA.
- In February 2009, Clement Iornongu the Executive Director of INTERCEP attended a workshop on TRUST the DIFFERENCE, a peace building and intercultural program in UK
- From August 2009,INTERCEP in conjunction with National Human Rights Commission with the support of UNICEF D ‘ FIELD Bauchi organized a workshop on Child Rights Law in 12 secondary schools in Nasarawa and Plateau States
- From 2010, INTERCEP in collaboration with five other organizations are working on a European Union [EU] project on ‘’Promoting Women’s Participation in Politics and Decision Making in Plateau State’’ that will last till 2012
- INTERCEP is currently a Sub-sub Recipient of Global Fund Round 8 Roll Back Malaria Control. Society for Family Health [SFH] is the Primary Recipient while INTER-GENDER is the Sub Recipient
INTERCEP carried out Community Mobilization and Sensitization activities in Guri and Duste local government areas of Jigawa State on 16th & 17th of April 2010 for the first quarter
- In May/June 2010, INTERCEP carried out the 2nd quarter activities of Global Fund Round 8 Roll Back Malaria Control in Auyo and Babura local council of Jigawa State
- On the 27th of May 2010, INTERCEP organized a one day workshop for five secondary schools in Jos on the theme; How violent conflict affects the Rights of children/youths on the Plateau to make the children’s day celebrations
- In October 2010, INTERCEP implemented the 3rd quarter activities of Global Fund Round 8 for Malaria control in Kirikasama, Mallam Madori, Kaugama, Maigatari and Taura local councils of Jigawa State
- In December 2010, INTERCEP implemented the 4th quarter activities of Global Fund Round 8 for Malaria Control in Ringim, Mallam Madori, Maigatari, Gumel, Kirikasama and Taura local councils of Jigawa State.
- In January 2011, INTERCEP together with CBD NGO- FORUM and Alliance for Credible Election observed the registration of voters IN Plateau State for the 2011 general elections.
- In March 2011, INTERCEP implemented the 5th quarter activities of Global Fund Round 8 for Malaria control in Kalgo, Alerio, Gwandu, Jega, Maiyama, Bagudo, Koko Besse and Yauri local councils of Kebbi State.
- In April 2011, INTERCEP was involved in monitoring and observation of the general elections in Plateau State under the umbrella of Project 2011 SWIFT COUNT and Alliance for Credible Elections.
- INTERCEP is currently monitoring public procurement in Federal Ministries, Department and Agencies on the Plateau.
- 27th October 2011, INTERCEP currently holds the Secretariat of Child Protection Network CPN facilitated and inaugurated by UNICEF.
- Plateau State Peace Practitioner Network (PPPN) is a network in Plateau State which aims at promoting peace by intervening and responding to cases of violence, trauma healing, drugs/substance abuse, mentoring, early warning mechanism. INTERCEP has worked with them in the areas of promoting peace in Plateau through capacity building and advocacy visit to various key stake holders for peaceful coexistence. INTERCEP has been in partnership with the network for the part 3 (three) years.
- 1st -21st September 2012, the Plateau State Government in collaboration with non-governmental organizations working on peace building in Plateau State organized activities to mark the World Peace Day of which INTERCEP actively participated.
- West Africa Network for Peace Building in Nigeria (WANEP) is a network for peace practitioners in Nigeria West Africa. INTERCEP has been in partnership with the Network since 2010. INTERCEP has worked with them through creating Institutional Mechanism by sustainable participation of women in peace processes and also engages the State Ministries to provide supportive role for women’s involvement in peace and human security at local level.
- INTERCEP constructed building structures for Institute for Developmental Education and Allied Studies (IDEAS)
- UNICEF is another significant partner who has supported INTERCEP under its Child Protection Programme. In line with this INTERCEP with other organization in Plateau State which includes; SEMA, Red Cross, Ministry of Women Affairs, CAN and JNI participated in phase 1 and Phase 2 training on Child Protection In Emergencies (CPiE) at Kini Country home hotel in Akwanga Nassarwa State
- INTERCEP as sub-sub recipient of Grassroots Community Development Initiatives (GRACODEV) who is the sub recipient of Society for Family Health (SFH) which is the Principal recipient of Global Fund Malaria Phase 4, Round 12 is currently implementing the project on social mobilization on Malaria control in Langtang South, Mikang and Qua’anpan Local Government Areas of Plateau
- In 2015 INTERCEP Implemented a Project “Improving the livelihoods of Women and Girls through Learning and Leadership in Wase Local Government Plateau State. The Project was Funded by Nigeria Stability and Reconciliation Programme (NSRP)
- In 2015 INTERCEP signed a Contract with the EU to implement a two year project ‘Strengthening Children and Young Peoples Protection System in North Central Nigeria’ The implementation of the project is on-going.
- CONSUTANCY; INTERCEP has in its kitty a pool of Qualified Consultants who have carried out successful consultancy assignments. The Executive Director Barrister Clement Iornongu is currently consulting for UNICEF on Child Protection (CP) and Gender Based Violence (GBV)
MM In March 2017, INTERCEP signed a Contract with the Embassy of Japan for Construction of Vocational Skills Acquisition Centre in Iglaba Community, Obudu, Cross River state (About to be Commissioned)